DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   how do i do this? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/151100-how-do-i-do.html)

RB March 28th 06 09:37 PM

how do i do this?

I'm trying to build an antenna with a base section of pvc. I can use from
1/2" od to 1" od with no problems.

What I need to do is join a schedule 40 pvc nipple to a male 1"x14 threaded
stud.

I don't believe any std pipe thread and size will match up with that.

If it won't, I thought about using 3/4" pvc and running a tap into the open
end, and then screwing that down onto the male mounting stud (the 1" x 14).

Is a 1"x14 tap fairly common? Will my way work?

Anyone have an easier way?

Don Bowey March 28th 06 09:57 PM

how do i do this?

On 3/28/06 12:37 PM, in article , "RB"
wrote:

I'm trying to build an antenna with a base section of pvc. I can use from
1/2" od to 1" od with no problems.

What I need to do is join a schedule 40 pvc nipple to a male 1"x14 threaded
stud.

I don't believe any std pipe thread and size will match up with that.

If it won't, I thought about using 3/4" pvc and running a tap into the open
end, and then screwing that down onto the male mounting stud (the 1" x 14).

Is a 1"x14 tap fairly common? Will my way work?

Anyone have an easier way?

Have looked for matching 3/4 or 1" connectors to interconnect pvc to
galvanized pipe? I've never had a problem getting fittings in those sizes.

The tap will make for a weakened joint.

Don