DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony CD player (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/150314-sony-cd-player.html)

Michael Fiedler March 23rd 06 03:08 AM

Sony CD player

I am trying to fix my wife's portable CD player (again). It
is a Sony D-ES51 and it comes up with the error "no disk" and it
doesn't play. I replaced the flex circuit a year ago to repair
another problem, so I am not sure what is causing this error unless
the reader and/or motor has gone bad. Any idea? Thanks for any help.

JANA March 23rd 06 02:38 PM

Sony CD player

Usually this type of fault is from the laser, or a bad ribbon cable, or the
connection of the ribbon cable is bad. The laser is not feasible to change,
and would require specialized tools and setup to calibrate.

--

JANA
_____