DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   installing a HP Deskjet 692c's optical strip (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/149738-installing-hp-deskjet-692cs-optical-strip.html)

J. Logan Blewett March 19th 06 01:46 AM

installing a HP Deskjet 692c's optical strip

My printer's optical strip came out the other day, of course, jamming
the printer. I saw where the strip was attacted on the left side of
the printer, but I am at a loss where the other end attaches and how to
get it where the sensor on the printer head can read it.

I would appreciate any suggestions, since the printer is not working at
all at the moment and is my only printer.

Thanks,
J. Logan Blewett

budgie March 19th 06 05:21 AM

On 18 Mar 2006 17:46:22 -0800, "J. Logan Blewett" wrote:

My printer's optical strip came out the other day, of course, jamming
the printer. I saw where the strip was attacted on the left side of
the printer, but I am at a loss where the other end attaches and how to
get it where the sensor on the printer head can read it.

The right end is attached to a "hook" formed in the end plate which supports the
carriage bar. It sticks forward from the upper rear corner of the bracket.

Note that the index strip should be installed with the end marks (small black
rectangles) on the lower side..

I'm not sure it is feasible to repalce the strip without removing the complete
housing. With the housing off, you should readily see the slot in the rear of
the carriage through which the strip is installed.