DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Philips/Fluke PM3070 oscilloscope losses stored values when switched off. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/148891-philips-fluke-pm3070-oscilloscope-losses-stored-values-when-switched-off.html)

hihihi March 13th 06 10:59 AM

Philips/Fluke PM3070 oscilloscope losses stored values when switched off.

Hi..

My dear Philips/Fluke PM3070 oscilloscope has a problem.

Normally it stores the values of the voltage scales, time scale and other
things when i switch the PM3070 off.
When i switch the pm3070 on again the settings are restored.

But since a few days the settings are not restored.
The PM3070 now starts up with no A and B channel visable.
I have to push on AUTO SET to get them back.
Then every thing seems to work again.

Fluke told me in some PM3070's are two penlights batteries inside.
But i do not see them.
And i can not see any other battery.
Here are several pictures of the inside
http://home.wanadoo.nl/hihihi/pm3070/index.html

What could be the problem ?
How to solve it ?

Thank you very much.

--
email hihihi wanadoo nl

hihihi March 18th 06 10:42 AM

Philips/Fluke PM3070 oscilloscope losses stored values when switched off.

Ancient_Hacker wrote:

Ideally you should look in the manual for the scope to figure out
exactly where the cells are.

As a poor hobbyist i bought it on a second hand market.
No manual.

Without a manual, you'll have to peel up a few Pc boards for better
seeing.

No battery found.
I have just looked inside again.
With a mirror i could see (almost) everything.
Only a extremely small battery would not be noticed.
I see no batteries, of the penlight type, nor any other type of battery.

Has anyone a idea how the current settings are stored in this Philips/Fluke
PM3070/021 oscilloscope ?

I just noticed you can get the channels back by pushing the A/B button.
Not only by pushing the AUTO SET button.
The channels are then on the most sensitive scale.
Maybe this info helps to identify the problem.

Take care.

Wise words :-)
I was nervous :-)
Everything went well, the scope still works :-)
..
--
email hihihi wanadoo nl

hihihi March 30th 06 08:26 AM

hihihi wrote:

Normally it stores the values of the voltage scales, time scale and other
things when i switch the PM3070 off.
When i switch the pm3070 on again the settings are restored.
But since a few days the settings are not restored.

Problem solved.

The battery was in a unusual place.
Outside on the back of the oscilloscope is a connector to remote control the
oscilloscope.
When this connector is not in use a block is plugged into it on the back.
Its called a PM8998.
Here you see it next to 4 connectors.
http://home.wanadoo.nl/hihihi/pm3070/img_0034.html

Inside this PM8998 is a battery.
You have to disassemble the PM8998 to see the battery.

I have replaced the 3 volt lithium battery.
Now the settings are stored and restored again.
It works :-)

Thanks for trying to help :-)

--
email hihihi wanadoo nl