DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   12V 4amp DC out 120Vac in power supply schematic needed (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/147927-12v-4amp-dc-out-120vac-power-supply-schematic-needed.html)

George March 7th 06 08:44 AM

12V 4amp DC out 120Vac in power supply schematic needed

I am looking to build a power supply for a LCD flat panel monitor.
Thanks

3T39 March 7th 06 11:50 AM

12V 4amp DC out 120Vac in power supply schematic needed

Hello, George!
You wrote on Tue, 07 Mar 2006 08:44:39 GMT:

G I am looking to build a power supply for a LCD flat panel monitor.
G Thanks

An old PC PSU can be utilised for this, with the benefit of good regulation.
If you use a modern ATX unit short out pin 14 to ground to get it to start
up. Yellow is +12V

With best regards, 3T39. E-mail:

Arfa Daily March 7th 06 12:48 PM

"George" wrote in message
I am looking to build a power supply for a LCD flat panel monitor.
Thanks

Such power supplies are available dirt cheap, ready built. I wouldn't even
consider building one. Had to renew the one on an HP LCD monitor here,
recently. Just got a generic 12v 4amp switch mode psu from one of my normal
component suppliers.

Arfa