DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   waffle iron wiring (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/145757-waffle-iron-wiring.html)

Wayne Tiffany February 21st 06 01:37 PM

waffle iron wiring

I have an old waffle iron that has served us faithfully for many years, but
it has developed a problem with the old wiring in it in that in some places,
the insulation is falling apart. I would like to rewire it as the rest of
it is still ok. Question - what's out there for wire these days that will
take the heat? If it would mean buying a roll of new wire, I could probably
buy a new iron for less. But if someone could think of something that would
have suitable wire in it, I might have such a thing stashed away somewhere.
Thoughts?

WT

Sam Goldwasser February 21st 06 02:27 PM

waffle iron wiring

"Wayne Tiffany" writes:

I have an old waffle iron that has served us faithfully for many years, but
it has developed a problem with the old wiring in it in that in some places,
the insulation is falling apart. I would like to rewire it as the rest of
it is still ok. Question - what's out there for wire these days that will
take the heat? If it would mean buying a roll of new wire, I could probably
buy a new iron for less. But if someone could think of something that would
have suitable wire in it, I might have such a thing stashed away somewhere.
Thoughts?

Another heating appliance.

Or, go into an appliance repair shop and buy 2 feet (or whatever)
of the stuff. How much could they charge you? :)

Bill Jeffrey February 21st 06 05:33 PM

waffle iron wiring

Exactly. An appliance repair shop will sell you high temp wire meant
for wiring in ovens, etc, at a reasonable cost per foot. I re-did a
30's era waffle iron several years ago, and it has worked fine ever since.

Bill
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~````

Bob AZ February 22nd 06 04:20 AM

waffle iron wiring

Go to an Ace Hardware or the like and buy a new cord. Already made up
and ready to wire in. The wire will be HPN.
Bob AZ

Wayne Tiffany February 22nd 06 01:26 PM

waffle iron wiring

Thanks, but the cord is fine - it's mainly the wiring that goes between the
top and the bottom. Every time the lid is raised, that wire is flexed and
the insulation is deteriorating.

WT

oups.com...

Sam Goldwasser February 22nd 06 01:39 PM

waffle iron wiring

"Bob AZ" writes:

Go to an Ace Hardware or the like and buy a new cord. Already made up
and ready to wire in. The wire will be HPN.

He may be talking about internal wiring. Go to an appliance repair shop and
buy a couple feet.