DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Samsung SCX-4100 printer fuser - repairable? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/145481-samsung-scx-4100-printer-fuser-repairable.html)

DaveC February 19th 06 05:56 PM

Samsung SCX-4100 printer fuser - repairable?

Fuser failed on this cheap laser printer. Being a "fix it rather than add to
the land fill" kinda' guy, I'm exploring if it's possible.

I've priced the new fuser assembly, and it's nearing the price of a new
printer (surprise!), so that possibility is ruled out immediately.

Does this fuser use a common quarts lamp as the heat source like larger
printers do? Is this replaceable (not according to Samsung, I'm sure...)?

Other ideas?

Thanks,
--
DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group

Jerry G. February 20th 06 12:55 AM

Samsung SCX-4100 printer fuser - repairable?

I can't see how the fuser can be fixed. It has to be replaced.

--

Jerry G.

news.net...