DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Panasonic VCR-DVD defect (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/144968-panasonic-vcr-dvd-defect.html)

Ken G. February 16th 06 03:13 AM

Panasonic VCR-DVD defect

I dont have the model #s but these are last years silver cased combos
and the TV combos too .. all Panasonic .
I`m sure by now some of you have seen these with a bad Lazer
block/pickup . You get a message on the tv .. Please check the disk for
stains or scratches .

In our salvage business we see alot of store returns many look never
used still in box etc. .
Has anyone figured out how to fix the pickup itself ? some simple bad
solder or something .
I have been taking te lazer block out of dvd-vcr units to fix the tv
combos ( tvs are worth more ) . not that many but a few .

carneyke February 16th 06 12:16 PM

Panasonic VCR-DVD defect

I had a Panasonic DVD player go bad in 14 months (2 months out of
warranty). It was used maybe 10 times. The laser went bad and cost more
than a new player. I kept an eye on the laser part number, hoping it
would eventually drop to $ 30 in the various sales flyers. It dropped
alright, never to be made anymore and no longer available. Part number
was RAF3022A-1. Anyone know where it can be bought for around $ 30 ?
Thanks.

Ken G. February 16th 06 01:39 PM

Panasonic VCR-DVD defect

I dont see much trouble with their dvd only players just last years
combos .
I guess no one knows or the players are getting thrown away .

Daniel Rudy February 19th 06 09:08 AM

Panasonic VCR-DVD defect

At about the time of 2/16/2006 5:39 AM, Ken G. stated the following:
I dont see much trouble with their dvd only players just last years
combos .
I guess no one knows or the players are getting thrown away .

I have a Panasonic RV-31 Player from 2001. Still works, even after
heavy use...heavy use being defined as all the time.

--
Daniel Rudy

Email address has been base64 encoded to reduce spam
Decode email address using b64decode or uudecode -m

Why geeks like computers: look chat date touch grep make unzip
strip view finger mount fcsk more fcsk yes spray umount sleep