DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony KV-20TS27 20 inch TV tuner failure? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/143916-sony-kv-20ts27-20-inch-tv-tuner-failure.html)

rkm0 February 8th 06 07:06 PM

Sony KV-20TS27 20 inch TV tuner failure?

I have a Sony KV-20TS27 trinitron TV, made in February 1992. It
displays UHF channels and the composite video fine, but doesn't display
VHF channels. Actually, it seems to display them intermittently;
haven't tested it thoroughly, but it seems that the VHF channels work
when the TV has been running for a while and heated up.

Is this a VHF tuner failure? How can I fix it myself?

Thanks!