DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for help problem with a sony KP-57HW40 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/143382-looking-help-problem-sony-kp-57hw40.html)

Serge Houle February 4th 06 09:21 PM

Looking for help problem with a sony KP-57HW40

My TV is starting to show blue lines when the screen is dark. Do anybody
know what the problem coming from ?

Thanks

John-Del February 4th 06 09:38 PM

Looking for help problem with a sony KP-57HW40

The beginning of the end for the blue CRT; internal leakage is causing
the G2 line's voltage to climb. Very common problem for Sony
projectors. Lowering the G2 for the blue gun will buy you some time.
I've had some luck clamping the G2 with stacked zeners to 450 volts.

John

Leonard Caillouet February 4th 06 10:35 PM

Looking for help problem with a sony KP-57HW40

This set is one that is known to have problems with the CRTs that Sony has
extended the warranty on to four years. You need to have the set evaluated
by a Sony ASC to determine if it is one that has this problem. Likely all
three CRTs need to be changed due to a production problem in the guns.

Leonard

Art February 5th 06 06:22 AM

Looking for help problem with a sony KP-57HW40

Agreed: You will need to have the model number and serial number available
and also the purchase date of the product. Chassis effected are the RA-6 but
must have a very specific serial number sequence to be included in the
special warranty. As Leonard mentioned you must have the set inspected by a
SONY Authorized Service Facility (ASC) to confirm the cause and if indeed it
covered.