DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   14pin vs 16 pin 20x2 character backlit LCD? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/143336-14pin-vs-16-pin-20x2-character-backlit-lcd.html)

Dan Nigrin February 4th 06 02:36 PM

14pin vs 16 pin 20x2 character backlit LCD?

I am trying to replace a 20x2 character LCD in a piece of gear that I
own. It is a Data Vision DV-20200, S1MBLY LCD, here are the specs:

http://www.datavision.com.tw/english...le/dv20200.htm

I don't know exactly whether I have an TN, STN, EL or whatever, but I'm
almost positive it is backlit; although it is NOT this unit, it looked
exactly like this when it was working, yellow backlight and all:

http://character-lcd-lcds.shopeio.co...age.asp?id=938

Now for my problem - my existing broken LCD has only 14 pins, whereas
every replacement one I've seen has 16 pins. As I understand, those
last two pins are the ones that supply power to the backlight.

Is it possible that I can have a backlit LCD with only 14 pins? And if
so, where can I find a suitable replacement?

Thanks,
Foo