DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Mitsubishi CK35402 No Sound (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/143211-mitsubishi-ck35402-no-sound.html)

[email protected] February 3rd 06 04:29 PM

Mitsubishi CK35402 No Sound

Hello all, I have a Mitsubishi CK35402 that has developed a no sound
situation. When I was given this set I had to do a PIP bypass to get
picture and then noticed that only one speaker was working normally
and the other had hardly any volume and was distorted. Now time has
passed and the sound started to take about 1 minute to come on after
the set was powered up and today the sound is completely dead (both
speakers) unless you turn it all the way up and then it's distorted.
The audio outs on the back of the set are working normal. Is this a
common problem with these sets and if so is there an easy repair? I
currently have the set hooked to a mini amp and speakers but would
prefer to repair it correctly or replace the set. Any help would be
greatly welcomed.

Thanks
Chris

Jumpster Jiver February 3rd 06 10:35 PM

wrote:
Hello all, I have a Mitsubishi CK35402 that has developed a no sound
situation. When I was given this set I had to do a PIP bypass to get
picture and then noticed that only one speaker was working normally
and the other had hardly any volume and was distorted. Now time has
passed and the sound started to take about 1 minute to come on after
the set was powered up and today the sound is completely dead (both
speakers) unless you turn it all the way up and then it's distorted.
The audio outs on the back of the set are working normal. Is this a
common problem with these sets and if so is there an easy repair? I
currently have the set hooked to a mini amp and speakers but would
prefer to repair it correctly or replace the set. Any help would be
greatly welcomed.

Thanks
Chris

Since the sound from the audio outputs is normal, then the audio is
being processed correctly, and the problem is likely in the audio
amplifier section. That's where your troubleshooting should begin.
I would look for a bad output IC or transistors, and possibly leaky/bad
caps, and open resistors in the amp section.
If you don't know how to check these items then you should hand it over
to someone who does, so your set may live to speak again.