DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   My Acer laptop doesn't run after night (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/142906-my-acer-laptop-doesnt-run-after-night.html)

hokus February 1st 06 03:08 PM

My Acer laptop doesn't run after night

I have a little problem with my laptop. When I try to switch on it after any
cool nihgt it runs on ~2 sec and automatically switchs off. What is the
reson of that, and how to repair my laptop?

Thanks

[email protected] February 1st 06 04:16 PM

My Acer laptop doesn't run after night

Troubleshoot the problem and replace the bad/temperature sensitive
parts. A heat gun (hair dryer) and freeze mist will be very useful.

Just Another Theremin Fan February 1st 06 05:25 PM

hokus wrote:
I have a little problem with my laptop. When I try to switch on it after any
cool nihgt it runs on ~2 sec and automatically switchs off.

Too vague......

First test should be the battery. Second the hard drive. Both are
likely to be
far more temperature sensistive than any components on the main board.

Mr. Land February 1st 06 06:39 PM

My Acer laptop doesn't run after night

Um, condensation detector?

Will it run OK after it has warmed up (and perhaps dried out)?

hokus February 1st 06 09:48 PM

My Acer laptop doesn't run after night

Sure, when I warmed it up with hairdryer it works fine. What do you think?
Can you help me please? This is very frustrating, you know.

Thanks

hokus February 1st 06 09:55 PM

My Acer laptop doesn't run after night

The is no difference if I try to turn it on when the batterr is used or not
(only AC). By the way, my laptop looks to work properly when I warmed it up,
or most preciselly when I warmed the radiator on the processor. Can you help
me please?

Thanks

Mr. Land February 2nd 06 06:02 PM

My Acer laptop doesn't run after night

The only way I would know of to troubleshoot something like this would
be to disassemble it and use a can of freeze spray along with a
hairdryer (heat gun would be better) to try to localize where the
problem might be. Not something I would suggest you undertake
yourself. Sorry.

phorbin February 3rd 06 11:09 AM

My Acer laptop doesn't run after night

In article , says...
I have a little problem with my laptop. When I try to switch on it after any
cool nihgt it runs on ~2 sec and automatically switchs off. What is the
reson of that, and how to repair my laptop?

Thanks

Look in the manual for the optimum functioning temp. range and run it at
that.

A desktop machine I had, had a CPU cooling fan that didn't like the cold.

The machine would switch off because the cooling fan wasn't running.\\

If I warmed up the cooling fan, everything worked fine.