DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Li 2.8V 0.65AH battery wanted... (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/142105-li-2-8v-0-65ah-battery-wanted.html)

Mike Deblis January 26th 06 06:58 PM

Li 2.8V 0.65AH battery wanted...

Hi,

I'm looking to replace a blown Li 2.8V 0.65AH NVR backup battery in a piece
of kit.

The original battery is marked "Catalyst Research B-600", but I cannot find
new ones anywhere.

Any ideas gratefully received. An alternative small battery would be
useable.

Thanks

Mike

ryan weihl January 27th 06 04:20 AM

Li 2.8V 0.65AH battery wanted...

Mike Deblis wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to replace a blown Li 2.8V 0.65AH NVR backup battery in a
piece of kit.

The original battery is marked "Catalyst Research B-600", but I
cannot find new ones anywhere.

Any ideas gratefully received. An alternative small battery would be
useable.

Thanks

Mike

like this he
http://www.ebatts.com/beroflex_b-600...cessories.aspx

Mike Deblis January 27th 06 08:33 AM

Li 2.8V 0.65AH battery wanted...

"ryan weihl" ryan wrote in message
Mike Deblis wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to replace a blown Li 2.8V 0.65AH NVR backup battery in a
piece of kit.

The original battery is marked "Catalyst Research B-600", but I
cannot find new ones anywhere.

like this he
http://www.ebatts.com/beroflex_b-600...cessories.aspx

Nope - that's just 2 AAs tied together, This is a wierd thing, and its a
lithium, not NiMH

Juan Jimenez January 27th 06 04:47 PM

Li 2.8V 0.65AH battery wanted...

Is that for a medical device? Try http://www.bulbandbattery.com/index.html
they show Catalyst Research batteries in their online applications catalog
but not by model number, rather by the equipment in which it is used.

Mike Deblis January 31st 06 06:18 PM

Li 2.8V 0.65AH battery wanted...

"Mike Deblis" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm looking to replace a blown Li 2.8V 0.65AH NVR backup battery in a

piece
of kit.

The original battery is marked "Catalyst Research B-600", but I cannot

find
new ones anywhere.

Thanks for the various suggestions. In the end I used a CR2450 3V Lithium in
an SMD carrier, fixed to the PCB and wired to the old connections. This is
about 8mm high and 30mm or so in diameter, so it fits very nicely. It's only
620mAH rather than 650mAH, but who cares... Seems to work fine. Draw is
about 20uA, so I've a couple of years before this one blows up...

Mike