Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Luigi DJ

Default AKAI AM-2850

Hi, I need help with my akai amp, model am-2850. Someone have a
service manual? the protection circuit keeps activating even without
signal and i haven't found any short circuits, maybe it's the idle
current (i don't know the value or where i could measure it).

Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias

"Luigi DJ" wrote in message
Hi, I need help with my akai amp, model am-2850. Someone have a
service manual? the protection circuit keeps activating even without
signal and i haven't found any short circuits, maybe it's the idle
current (i don't know the value or where i could measure it).

Thanks

Is there a DC offset at the output of either channel?

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Luigi DJ

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:17:55 GMT, "Mark D. Zacharias"
wrote:

"Luigi DJ" wrote in message
.. .
Hi, I need help with my akai amp, model am-2850. Someone have a
service manual? the protection circuit keeps activating even without
signal and i haven't found any short circuits, maybe it's the idle
current (i don't know the value or where i could measure it).

Thanks

Is there a DC offset at the output of either channel?

Mark Z.

Hi Mark.

No, there's no dc offset on the output (i already found out how to set
it).
This amp has 3 adjusting resistors, one for the dc offset and the
other two could be bias current adjust (upper and lower??). I'd like
to know what this 2 resistors do, where to measure and how much.
I found the am-2600 schematic with some dc values, i'm trying to guide
me with it, i'll check this weekend.
I'll post something if i can rearrange it
Thanks

Luigi