Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Juan Jimenez

Default Panasonic TNPA0317 repair (D-board, video)

Is there anyone here who works in the TV industry and can repair a Panasonic
TPNA0317 d-board (video) for a PT-47WX49E? I'll also pay for a replacement
board if you have one, and will trade in my core.

Juan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jumpster Jiver

Juan Jimenez wrote:

Is there anyone here who works in the TV industry and can repair a Panasonic
TPNA0317 d-board (video) for a PT-47WX49E? I'll also pay for a replacement
board if you have one, and will trade in my core.

Juan

I'll give the same response again:
But first have you looked up PTS module exchange?

Troubleshooting just the board without the TV is a difficult task, even
with schematics. Normally the whole TV is worked on so the board will
have all the associated circuits connected, will have all the proper
voltages and signals going into and out of it, and the repaired board
can then be tested in the TV to make sure some problem hasn't been
overlooked, and to make sure that a problem on another board didn't
cause the problems on your board. For example, if you gave me a power
supply board to repair, I could probably repair it, but when you put it
back in your TV it might blow up because a short on another board caused
it to fail. Then you'd come back to me and say I didn't repair it right.
To repair and test a board without the TV would require very expensive
and complicated test-jigs to simulate the rest of the TV so all
operations of the board can be checked.
Why did the person who troubleshot the board not repair the TV for you?
Also, it is impossible to quote a price by email without physically
testing your TV to find out what is wrong. Your board and/or TV may
need a ten cent resistor, a fifty-cent capacitor, or a $100 Integrated
Circuit, or a $300 CRT. (Sorry, I don't know if your TV uses CRTs,
DLPs, or LCD's)
As far as labor is concerned, it can take an hour to track down and
replace a bad component, or it can take five hours to track down a
problem such as "no video" and find out which components are faulty.

I think there was a company here in the USA called PTS that did module
exchanges, but I don't know if they handle that board or even if they
still exist. Look 'em up.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Juan Jimenez

"Jumpster Jiver" wrote in message
Juan Jimenez wrote:

[...]

I did not see the original post, thanks for the response. The TV has already
been troubleshot to the board level. I can buy a replacement board for $330
with a $130 core credit. Somebody other than Panasonic has to have repair
capability on this board without having to haul in the entire TV, or with
another TV available for testing, or a bench setup. That's what I was
looking for. Thanks for your time, I appreciate your taking a moment to
respond.

Juan