DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony KP53S25 Vertical Hold Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/141315-sony-kp53s25-vertical-hold-problem.html)

MikroMak January 21st 06 05:37 PM

Sony KP53S25 Vertical Hold Problem

I recently acquired a Sony KP53S25 projection TV for free. It has a vertical hold problem where I can see the tv channel (antenna) and hear the sound but there are large bars from left to right across the screen. I was hoping to be able to just replace some parts and get it running but after some googling I didn't really get anywhere. I was hoping for some suggestions from you guys.

Thanks,
MikroMak

Art January 22nd 06 12:57 AM

Sony KP53S25 Vertical Hold Problem

Does the video stabelize with input via the composite or component sources??
What kind of actual diagnostics have you tried to do, do you have the
correct service manual for the product and the necessary tools to do a
diagnostic? You may just have tuner realted issiues or a processor problem.
There is a reason you got the puppy for free!! Are the boards contimated
with debris or corrosioin?

--
MikroMak

Michael Kinnaird January 23rd 06 06:20 AM

Sony KP53S25 Vertical Hold Problem

If the bars are made up of thin horizontal lines bunching up and spreading
out too wide, like venetian blinds, replace IC301 CXA1477AS Jungle IC
8-752-063-50 on the M board.

Mike Kinnaird

Shoreline Electronics January 26th 06 12:17 AM

Sony KP53S25 Vertical Hold Problem

Can you post a pic on the net of the symptom?

--
Jeff Stielau