Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Matti Kaki

Default Whining 100 Hz PHILIPS TV w vertical bars

Hello from Finland.

I have Philips TV 29PT8702 chassis: MD2.12E which whines a lot.
It has also odd phenomenon which looks like ringing or ghost.
Few vertical bars on the left and the right part of picture.

I have varnished the L.O.T. and linearity coiletc. but no help
at all. The whining comes (I'm quite sure) from L.O.T. I took
few pictures if you like to take a look of the phenomenon.

http://www.sci.fi/~oh2bio/hilipsi.jpg

I remember that I have seen this phenomenon in Barco monitor
and it was caused by bad voltage. I checked the voltages from
PWR but they were quite OK (if I haven't missed one or two).

Thanks a L.O.T!

--
Matti Kaki at iki dot fi http://www.sci.fi/~oh2bio
=========== Location: 60.414 N 25.097 E ===========

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sebastian Voitzsch

Matti Kaki wrote:

Hello from Finland.

I have Philips TV 29PT8702 chassis: MD2.12E which whines a lot.
It has also odd phenomenon which looks like ringing or ghost.
Few vertical bars on the left and the right part of picture.

I have varnished the L.O.T. and linearity coiletc. but no help
at all. The whining comes (I'm quite sure) from L.O.T. I took
few pictures if you like to take a look of the phenomenon.

http://www.sci.fi/~oh2bio/hilipsi.jpg

I remember that I have seen this phenomenon in Barco monitor
and it was caused by bad voltage. I checked the voltages from
PWR but they were quite OK (if I haven't missed one or two).

Did you also measure the ripple on these voltages? I had a similiar error
with an older ITT tv set caused by a bad cap in the 12V-branch.

Whining on another set was caused by bad B+-cap.

I?d simply test the caps for high ESR.

HTH,
Sebastian
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Matti Kaki

In article , says...

Matti Kaki wrote:

Hello from Finland.

I have Philips TV 29PT8702 chassis: MD2.12E which whines a lot.
It has also odd phenomenon which looks like ringing or ghost.
Few vertical bars on the left and the right part of picture.

I have varnished the L.O.T. and linearity coiletc. but no help
at all. The whining comes (I'm quite sure) from L.O.T. I took
few pictures if you like to take a look of the phenomenon.

http://www.sci.fi/~oh2bio/hilipsi.jpg

I remember that I have seen this phenomenon in Barco monitor
and it was caused by bad voltage. I checked the voltages from
PWR but they were quite OK (if I haven't missed one or two).

Did you also measure the ripple on these voltages? I had a similiar error
with an older ITT tv set caused by a bad cap in the 12V-branch.

Yes I tested the ripples but it is possible I have missed
one or two voltages because Philips TP-markings are terrible.

Whining on another set was caused by bad B+-cap.

Allright. I'll measure again or just replace the capasitors anyway.

--
Matti Kaki at iki dot fi http://www.sci.fi/~oh2bio
=========== Location: 60.414 N 25.097 E ===========
Navigare Necesse Est - Vivere Non Est Necesse

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Matti Kaki

In article , lid says...

Hello from Finland.

I have Philips TV 29PT8702 chassis: MD2.12E which whines a lot.
It has also odd phenomenon which looks like ringing or ghost.
Few vertical bars on the left and the right part of picture.

I have varnished the L.O.T. and linearity coiletc. but no help
at all. The whining comes (I'm quite sure) from L.O.T. I took
few pictures if you like to take a look of the phenomenon.

http://www.sci.fi/~oh2bio/hilipsi.jpg

I now took a stethoscope and removed the chest piece and listeded
with the tube and the whining is NOT comiming from the L.O.T but
from the power transformer. The sound circulates so nasty that it
is impossible to locate the whining using only my ears.

So there must be sometkihg. I measured the ripples once but must
do it once again. Any ideas (modifications)?