DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   where can I download the RAM stress test software (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/140836-where-can-i-download-ram-stress-test-software.html)

me January 18th 06 01:10 PM

where can I download the RAM stress test software

to test the RAM in a PC?

TIA

Bart Bervoets January 18th 06 01:34 PM

where can I download the RAM stress test software

Try memtest, there's a modified version out there which
boots off a disk or cd rom.

Bart Bervoets
"me" wrote in message
to test the RAM in a PC?

TIA

me January 18th 06 01:42 PM

where can I download the RAM stress test software

"Bart Bervoets" ...

Try memtest, there's a modified version out there which
boots off a disk or cd rom.

Bart Bervoets
"me" wrote in message
to test the RAM in a PC?

TIA

is there a DOS version ?

Bart Bervoets January 18th 06 01:55 PM

where can I download the RAM stress test software

It's linux as far i know, runs independent on bootup.

Bart Bervoets
"me" wrote in message

"Bart Bervoets"

Try memtest, there's a modified version out there which
boots off a disk or cd rom.

Bart Bervoets
"me" wrote in message
to test the RAM in a PC?

TIA

is there a DOS version ?

Jim January 18th 06 02:54 PM

where can I download the RAM stress test software

http://www.memtest86.com/

Allodoxaphobia January 18th 06 09:27 PM

where can I download the RAM stress test software

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:42:02 +0800, me wrote:
"Bart Bervoets" ...
Top Posted:

Try memtest, there's a modified version out there which
boots off a disk or cd rom.

Bart Bervoets
"me" wrote in message
to test the RAM in a PC?

is there a DOS version ?

Is there a Google near you?

CJT January 18th 06 09:32 PM

where can I download the RAM stress test software

me wrote:

"Bart Bervoets" ...

Try memtest, there's a modified version out there which
boots off a disk or cd rom.

Bart Bervoets
"me" wrote in message

to test the RAM in a PC?

TIA

is there a DOS version ?

I don't think it needs an OS -- did you look at it?

larry moe 'n curly January 18th 06 11:22 PM

where can I download the RAM stress test software

me wrote:
to test the RAM in a PC?

www.memtest86.com (MemTest86)
www.memtest.org (new version of MemTest86, called MemTest86+)
www.goldmemory.cz (Gold Memory)

Use both Gold Memory AND MemTest86 (or MemTest86+ for newer modules and
mobos) because I've had modules that passed one for several hours but
not the other. Run each one overnight, preferrably in more than one
memory slot and more than one mobo.

He http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cf...WT120901222920
is an evaluation of several memory diagnostics, and they found
MemTest86 and Gold Memory to be among the best, with only the products
from Ultra-X (not the power supply company) being better. OTOH some
other diagnostics were outright lousy, like DocMem from SimmTester.com,
which I've found will pass almost anything.