DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Panasonic cordless phone - no sound? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/140331-panasonic-cordless-phone-no-sound.html)

M.Joshi January 15th 06 07:13 PM

Panasonic cordless phone - no sound?

Hi,

I am trying to repair a Panasonic cordless DECT handset which was accidently dropped.

The handset was in-tact but there was a rattling sound coming from the mini-speaker and nothing could be heard from it.

So, I replaced the mini-speaker with another similar one but now all I hear is a buzzing noise when I press the on-hook button instead of the dial-tone.

All other functionality of the handset seems to be working fine?

b January 15th 06 11:15 PM

--
M.Joshi

pcb may have fractured soldering. check also for the crystal resonator,
these are sensetive to shock but i doubt this is the problem here
-b.

JANA January 16th 06 04:07 AM

Panasonic cordless phone - no sound?

The PC may have a very small crack in one or more of the conductors, or some
component(s) may have been mechanically damaged.

--

JANA
_____