http://demo.silkera.net/sampo/show/monitor/monitor2.htm

It shuts off after an hour, so I need to just turn it back on. Then it turns off after 10 mins, so I turn it back on. Then 5 mins, etc, until it doesn't boot. I have just heard that the PCB "just needs to be resoldered, since it's an old monitor". Has anyone else heard of this? He said that a TV repairman fixed two of his big CRTs for $15 each.

Thanks,

kip January 14th 06 07:28 PM

Sampo 34" CRT - Turns itself off every now + again...

Quick Answer Yes !
Hi, quick question. I have on of these, Sampo SME-23DV3.

b January 15th 06 11:13 PM

wrote:
Hi, quick question. I have on of these, Sampo SME-23DV3.

http://demo.silkera.net/sampo/show/monitor/monitor2.htm

It shuts off after an hour, so I need to just turn it back on. Then it turns off after 10 mins, so I turn it back on. Then 5 mins, etc, until it doesn't boot. I have just heard that the PCB "just needs to be resoldered, since it's an old monitor". Has anyone else heard of this? He said that a TV repairman fixed two of his big CRTs for $15 each.

Thanks,

sounds like a heat related problem, likely poor joints.
check the faq (www.repairfaq.org) on resoldering and checking for bad
connections. READ AND OBSERVE THE SAFETY INFO! there are letal volages
in these units. get it to a tech if you are unsure of your capabilites.
good luck, B.,