DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony SA-VA3 surround sound (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/140063-sony-sa-va3-surround-sound.html)

[email protected] January 13th 06 01:22 PM

Sony SA-VA3 surround sound

I have a Sony SA-VA3 system, it will not go into standby mode
anylonger. Has been this way for a long time, maybe a couple years.

Anyone have any suggestions for repair or info about this system that
maybe would be of help. The system works perfect except for not going
into standby.

Thanks,

Gene

Ken G. January 13th 06 02:04 PM

Sony SA-VA3 surround sound

replace the standby capsistor .

Happy Go Lucky January 14th 06 03:33 AM

Sony SA-VA3 surround sound

Ken, I don't have any documents on the unit, no diagrams or anything
to even know where the standby capicator is. Have you had experience
with this unit and it not going into standby? It's supposed to go into
standby without signal and then come back on when a signal is present.
My system just stays on.

Happy Go Lucky February 2nd 06 12:45 PM

Sony SA-VA3 surround sound

Would there be anyone who would have a circuit diagram of the Sony
SA-VA3. I'd like to be able to repair this unit, it's always on since
it does not detect the auto off/auto on any longer.

Thanks