January 8th 06 09:16 PM

Samsung PCJ534RF dead

Now I know why I don't take my tv's in for repair. Thanks for the smart ass response David.

Jumpster Jiver January 8th 06 09:55 PM

Samsung PCJ534RF dead

wrote:
Now I know why I don't take my tv's in for repair. Thanks for the smart ass response David.

Did you expect him to diagnose your TV over the internet?
Bad components on ANY of the many circuit boards can cause your unit to
be dead, and Projection TVs often have CRT Coolant leaking.
The circuit board itself is not usually replaced because the
price/availability of a new board makes it impossible.

If you read other posts on this newsgroup you will see posts that contain:
"the B+ voltage is...
" the power LED blinks XX times.....
"the regulator is shorted...
etc.

this group is for repir professionals and individuals with some
troubleshooting experience to help each other with repairs

[email protected] January 8th 06 11:05 PM

Samsung PCJ534RF dead

The only thing common is for the Samsung RPTV of the PCJ534 series to
break and have problems. Common failures include system control
issues, main power supply, h/v and deflection problems, along with lots
of leaking crt coolant on the circuit boards.

Without some minimal technical troubleshooting information, that was
the best information that could be provided. If providing some minimal
real troubleshooting information is beyond the capabilities of the
person asking the question, then the best suggestion is always to call
out someone who has the training and equipment to perform a proper
diagnosis and repair.