DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for cheap minute timer inline switch (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/137654-looking-cheap-minute-timer-inline-switch.html)

[email protected] December 29th 05 09:38 PM

Looking for cheap minute timer inline switch

Hi All,

I have been scouring the web for a simple device I can plug into the
wall, that will turn a hotplate or other device off after a few minutes
(5-30). Everyone has loads of programmable everyday clock switches, and
there are some wall switch dials. But I can not find something I can
use inline with a wall socket that is simple to set and scaled to ~5
minute increments. I need about 4 of them.

Thanks

Michael

none January 1st 06 08:26 AM

On 29 Dec 2005 13:38:16 -0800, wrote:

Hi All,

I have been scouring the web for a simple device I can plug into the
wall, that will turn a hotplate or other device off after a few minutes
(5-30). Everyone has loads of programmable everyday clock switches, and
there are some wall switch dials. But I can not find something I can
use inline with a wall socket that is simple to set and scaled to ~5
minute increments. I need about 4 of them.

Thanks

Michael

you might want to look around for second hand photographic timers such
as the old Gralab timers. A dial timer that runs in reverse and can be
set to from 1 minute to 59.
I see them at flea markets and yard sales going for as little as 5
bucks.

[email protected] January 4th 06 09:10 AM

Looking for cheap minute timer inline switch

This is pretty close. It is probably a bit more accurate and fancy than
I need, but I think it is poointing me in the right direction. These
things seems to be called interval timers, but I don't know how to
search it with the specification that it has a 120 VAC socket.