DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   cpu fan is turning , but the BIOS display that it is not turning ( MSI motherboard) (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/136863-cpu-fan-turning-but-bios-display-not-turning-msi-motherboard.html)

computer December 23rd 05 03:10 PM

cpu fan is turning , but the BIOS display that it is not turning ( MSI motherboard)

when the motherboard starts up , there is always warning sound, and ask to
shutdown or not.

actually the cpu fan is turning , but the BIOS display that it is not
turning.

I have turned off the warning of the cpy fan, it cpu fan in bios said it is
0 rpm.

any help is appreicated.

tia

Jamie December 23rd 05 07:03 PM

computer wrote:

when the motherboard starts up , there is always warning sound, and ask to
shutdown or not.

actually the cpu fan is turning , but the BIOS display that it is not
turning.

I have turned off the warning of the cpy fan, it cpu fan in bios said it is
0 rpm.

any help is appreicated.

tia

most likely a 3 or more wire fan or someone has the
wrong fan in it. try replacing the fan.

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Jumpster Jiver December 23rd 05 10:24 PM

computer wrote:

when the motherboard starts up , there is always warning sound, and ask to
shutdown or not.

actually the cpu fan is turning , but the BIOS display that it is not
turning.

I have turned off the warning of the cpy fan, it cpu fan in bios said it is
0 rpm.

any help is appreicated.

tia

Maybe the RPM sensor (built into the fan) is not working.
Try replacing with the correct fan - three wire - red - white - black.
Otherwise it's likely a problem with the motherboard's RPM sensor.
Shouldn't be a problem unless the fan fails... Then your CPU may go up
in smoke in less than a second - depending on CPU type, heat sink size,
other protection/fans, etc.

Puckdropper December 23rd 05 10:38 PM

"computer" wrote in :

when the motherboard starts up , there is always warning sound, and
ask to shutdown or not.

actually the cpu fan is turning , but the BIOS display that it is not
turning.

I have turned off the warning of the cpy fan, it cpu fan in bios said
it is 0 rpm.

any help is appreicated.

tia

Could be a loose connection. I'd try replugging the fan in first before
buying anything.

Puckdropper
--
www.uncreativelabs.net

still enjoy using the old computers. Sometimes we want to see how far a
particular system can go, other times we use a stock system to remind
ourselves of what we once had.