DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Can't get A/V inputs on Samsung CXD-1942 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/136665-cant-get-v-inputs-samsung-cxd-1942-a.html)

DeEvolutio December 22nd 05 01:43 AM

Can't get A/V inputs on Samsung CXD-1942

Greetings all,

I've picked up a Samsung tv/vcr combo set model CXD-1942 which had a
bad solder on the heater pin of the CRT neckboard. Soldering this fixed
it, but I do not posess the original remote, and don't know how to
change it over to A/V input without one. There is no channel 0, etc...
anyone have any ideas on this? I've tried a couple of universal
remotes, and can get some of them to change channels, etc, but no
external input... Driving me nuts...
TIA

Kevin

[email protected] December 22nd 05 02:21 AM

Can't get A/V inputs on Samsung CXD-1942

Factory Samsung remote or OneForAll and contact them for the special
codes and program one of the non-used keys to change to the a/v input.

Been there, done that.

DeEvolutio December 22nd 05 04:57 AM

Can't get A/V inputs on Samsung CXD-1942

You have to contact them for the codes, eh? Figures.
Thanks very much for the info!

Kevin

[email protected] December 22nd 05 05:19 AM

Can't get A/V inputs on Samsung CXD-1942

Yup, for all the oddball special codes.
Which video input code should they use on a tv/vcr combo, the one for
the Samsung vcr, or the one for a Samsung tv set, or a special one they
used for the combo units?

Just make sure you email them with your remote model, tv/vcr model, and
the specific button functions you are wanting. They will email back a
list of the custom codes and how to add them to specific keys.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wasser/

http://hifi-remote.com/ofa/advanced.shtml

These two links and the information provided and other links should be
everything you ever wanted to know about the versatile oneforall line
of remote controls. The cinema7 and similar seem to have the best
chance at providing enough hidden codes to do most all oem functions.

Dave Plowman (News) December 22nd 05 09:01 AM

Can't get A/V inputs on Samsung CXD-1942

In article .com,
DeEvolutio wrote:
I've picked up a Samsung tv/vcr combo set model CXD-1942 which had a
bad solder on the heater pin of the CRT neckboard. Soldering this fixed
it, but I do not posess the original remote, and don't know how to
change it over to A/V input without one. There is no channel 0, etc...
anyone have any ideas on this? I've tried a couple of universal
remotes, and can get some of them to change channels, etc, but no
external input... Driving me nuts...
TIA

Is the A/V input a SCART?

--
*Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

[email protected] December 22nd 05 08:58 PM

Can't get A/V inputs on Samsung CXD-1942

Ok, I'll ask for the OP. What is a SCART?

Honestly, we are talking about low end junk being sold in the U.S.
It is a 19" tv/vcr combo that had a retail price around $190 when it
was new a few years ago.
Do you really think it will include a SCART connector?
There have been very few SCART equipped consumer grade tv sets sold in
the U.S.

[email protected] January 7th 06 05:06 AM

Can't get A/V inputs on Samsung CXD-1942

FYI
Thanks dkuhajda for those links. I went and bought the cheapest
one-for-all remote I could find and emailed the vendor for the codes. I
then obsessed about it so much I used the information on the urls you
posted to figure it out for myself. One-for-all then emailed me back
and informed me I couldn't do what I wanted to do with that remote and
I'd have to purchase a more expensive one! Doom on them ;-)
For the curious, the code for my Samsung CXD-1942's A/V input button
was 212, so I have to press "VCR, then Set, then key in 212" and it
flips right over. Groovy.