Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default test equipment

Hi all,

I have a signal which I need to measure during fabrication. The signal
is a 2.88 MHz crystal and I need to know the signal level and
frequency.

A scope is a great device to do this but I really only need a display
with frequency and signal level.

A frequency counter would do the trick for the frequency measurement
but can not locate one of these with a signal level indication.

Any thoughts?

pdrunen

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

PDRUNEN
You could use a shortwave receiver locked onto or near the frequency,
use the BFO or SSB mode to beat against the signal. A PC soundcard could
measure the frequency error. If you need to know what direction the
error is, tune lower by 1.0 KHz and measure the difference frequency, if
it goes below 1 KHz the crystal is drifting low, higher than 1 KHz, it
is drifting high etc.

Some receivers have software signal strength meters that can be
calibrated to give you a signal level indication.

Look at some of the ICOM receivers for PC CIV control.

Joe

--

Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"