DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sanyo Model Ds25330 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/134839-sanyo-model-ds25330.html)

JIMBOJEEP December 9th 05 03:06 AM

Sanyo Model Ds25330

When power is applied no video or audio and after about 5 seconds you can hear the power relay trip off. Should I start by checking the power supply diodes? Thanks for any help!

[email protected] December 9th 05 06:07 AM

Sanyo Model Ds25330

The master needs to know what kind of power supply this unit has...
Switch mode... STR Reg... etc...?

Shoreline Electronics December 9th 05 02:41 PM

Sanyo Model Ds25330

Can you scope the HOT collector as the set starts and verify good B+ and a
clean pulse?

==========================
Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street
Clinton,CT 06413
860-399-1861
860-664-3535 (fax)

========================

--
JIMBOJEEP

Mark D. Zacharias December 10th 05 11:46 AM

Sanyo Model Ds25330

m...

"JIMBOJEEP" wrote in message

When power is applied no video or audio and after about 5 seconds you
can hear the power relay trip off. Should I start by checking the power
supply diodes? Thanks for any help!

--
JIMBOJEEP

Also check the 200 volt line to the video driver transistors at the CRT
board.

Mark Z.

Tech Data December 10th 05 09:56 PM

Sanyo Model Ds25330

That model was famous for shorted yokes. If the horizontal output is
shorted, save yourself some time and loosen the yoke and carefully
slide it off the neck of the picture tube and look at the coils. If you
see even a small black, charred area, it's shorted and any parts you
change on the pcb is a waste of money. I have used the yokes off 25"
Magnavox's that only required cutting and splicing the yoke connector
and worked perfectly.