DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Magic Circle tv aerial (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/134119-magic-circle-tv-aerial.html)

David Sewell December 4th 05 03:43 PM

Magic Circle tv aerial

Anyone know who makes these, and more importantly, what the db gain is?

http://www.east-coast-leisure.co.uk/...?Prodcode=1263

David Sewell December 4th 05 04:12 PM

Magic Circle tv aerial

"David Sewell" wrote in message
Anyone know who makes these, and more importantly, what the db gain is?

http://www.east-coast-leisure.co.uk/...?Prodcode=1263

After much research I found the information. My brother has this aerial
(Active Magic Circle) for reception of TV Freeview, on groundfloor level
with many close buildings. The results are better than anything tried so
far. Found it to be 28db gain.

Thanks.

Dave Plowman (News) December 4th 05 04:20 PM

Magic Circle tv aerial

In article ,
David Sewell wrote:
Anyone know who makes these, and more importantly, what the db gain is?

http://www.east-coast-leisure.co.uk/...?Prodcode=1263

It will be rubbish, so don't waste your money.

--
*I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a moaner*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Allodoxaphobia December 4th 05 07:05 PM

Magic Circle tv aerial

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 16:12:26 -0000, David Sewell wrote:

"David Sewell" wrote in message
Anyone know who makes these, and more importantly, what the db gain is?

http://www.east-coast-leisure.co.uk/...?Prodcode=1263

After much research I found the information. My brother has this aerial
(Active Magic Circle) for reception of TV Freeview, on groundfloor level
with many close buildings. The results are better than anything tried so
far. Found it to be 28db gain.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Over what!!! A wire poked into a dog turd? :-)
Tnx for the laugh,

David Sewell December 4th 05 07:36 PM

Magic Circle tv aerial

"Allodoxaphobia" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 16:12:26 -0000, David Sewell wrote:

"David Sewell" wrote in message
Anyone know who makes these, and more importantly, what the db gain is?

http://www.east-coast-leisure.co.uk/...?Prodcode=1263

After much research I found the information. My brother has this aerial
(Active Magic Circle) for reception of TV Freeview, on groundfloor level
with many close buildings. The results are better than anything tried

so
far. Found it to be 28db gain.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Over what!!! A wire poked into a dog turd? :-)
Tnx for the laugh,

Surprisingly no. But several other supposedly respected brand names. Though
I do appreciate the whole area of reception via indoor aerials as being
rather "grey".
But, thanks none the less, what was the name? never quite caught it !

Regards,
David

Gerard Bok December 5th 05 01:08 PM

Magic Circle tv aerial

wrote:

"David Sewell" wrote in message
Anyone know who makes these, and more importantly, what the db gain is?

http://www.east-coast-leisure.co.uk/...?Prodcode=1263

After much research I found the information. My brother has this aerial
(Active Magic Circle) for reception of TV Freeview, on groundfloor level
with many close buildings. The results are better than anything tried so
far. Found it to be 28db gain.

And as a nice feature, prevent static by a can 'anti static
spay', I guess :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

Dave Plowman (News) December 5th 05 01:36 PM

Magic Circle tv aerial

In article ,
David Sewell wrote:
After much research I found the information. My brother has this aerial
(Active Magic Circle) for reception of TV Freeview, on groundfloor level
with many close buildings. The results are better than anything tried so
far. Found it to be 28db gain.

Including all the nasties you *really* don't want...

--
*Does fuzzy logic tickle? *

jakdedert December 5th 05 05:33 PM

Magic Circle tv aerial

Allodoxaphobia wrote:
On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 16:12:26 -0000, David Sewell wrote:

"David Sewell" wrote in message

Anyone know who makes these, and more importantly, what the db gain is?

http://www.east-coast-leisure.co.uk/...?Prodcode=1263

After much research I found the information. My brother has this aerial
(Active Magic Circle) for reception of TV Freeview, on groundfloor level
with many close buildings. The results are better than anything tried so
far. Found it to be 28db gain.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Over what!!! A wire poked into a dog turd? :-)
Tnx for the laugh,

The OP 'might' have included some substantiation for his claim of 28 dB.....

jak

Dave Plowman (News) December 5th 05 07:03 PM

Magic Circle tv aerial

In article , jakdedert
wrote:
After much research I found the information. My brother has this aerial
(Active Magic Circle) for reception of TV Freeview, on groundfloor
level with many close buildings. The results are better than anything
tried so far. Found it to be 28db gain.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Over what!!! A wire poked into a dog turd? :-) Tnx for the laugh,

The OP 'might' have included some substantiation for his claim of 28
dB.....

Easy enough to add a 28 dB amp. But amplified turd just becomes larger
turd. ;-)

--
*Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

David Sewell December 5th 05 10:12 PM

Magic Circle tv aerial

It's giving a result easily and cheaply in a situation where it is not
possible to fit an external system. So...I don't know what your all
bitching about.
Thanks, Jesus luvs ya,
Regards,
David