DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   remote control for welder ESAB DTD250 AC/DC; connections? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/133792-remote-control-welder-esab-dtd250-ac-dc%3B-connections.html)

[email protected] December 2nd 05 03:28 AM

remote control for welder ESAB DTD250 AC/DC; connections?

G'day,

Not exactly a repair question, but I think this is the most suitable
group.

I'm looking for info on the remote control connection of my ESAB DTD250
AC/DC welding inverter. It is a 12pin connector (NOT 14pin, like Miller
& Lincoln use, and some other ESAB machines). I want to build a remote
control unit for the welding machine, but without information on the
connections of the plug I can't get any further. Tried mailing ESAB,
got no response. As if I expected otherwise...

So, does anyone know how to connect an external potentiometer & switch
to this connector (12 pins, of which only 7 are used)? Or know where to
find more info on the ESAB remote control plug?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Peter,
The Netherlands.