Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
freestonew

Default the 27" slyvania tvs, any good?!

hi all...

the two slyvania 27" tvs, are they any good?!

I have just bought my xbox, this month, and i have a 20" sylvania tv
currently, but I note that the local Sears store has two 27" sylvanias
for sale for $180 and $220.
One is round tube with s-1 video only and the other is flatscreen with
Componet inputs as well as s-1 video inputs.

I like the size of a 27 inch tv, alas these sets, made by Funai, do
not seem to have many reviews on them on the net or anywheres else,
maybe they are new.

but are they any good, for quality of picture or quality of the repair
needs?

I know that there is that row of sets in sears, all showing the very
same promo picture, and none of the sets seen to be adjusted properly,
for instance, i note that the more expensive
componet-ready input set, seemes to have a poorer picture, perhaps they
compromised
becauase of the extra inputs for HDTV! or, maybe it is not adjusted
properly!
I have read how certain stores, for instance, "doctor" their low end
tvs to have the worst picture quality settings, so that people will
only look to buy the more expensive tvs!

does anyone here have any opinion whether i should just stay with my
currant sylvania, or go for one of these two sets, and which one?!

thanks...freestone