Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike

Default PTK195 bad convergence

I heard this model was plagued with bad power supply boards.
Well, this one still worked, it just died out in about 2 minutes, and lost
convergence correction.

So, I resoldered the board, changed out all secondary diodes, and so forth.

Still, itll be perfect for about 2 minutes, itll it dies out, and I loose
convergence.

I determinded that something was shutting down the supply, or the supply
itself is bad, so I bypassed the opto on the supply, and when I did this the
system stayed on for about 10 minutes.

As soon as I started to go into the menu correction, I went to red
convergence, and began to reconverge the red. It moved a little and the TV
powered off.

I powered it on, and now the convergence fluctuates between corrected, and
lost. back and forth.

Im stuck, anyone have a schematic or a heads up on what to do? this one has
that ****ty ass digital convergence that I severely hate.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The PTK195 also had a problem with the convergence MCU shield shorting
different lines to ground, crt coolant leakage, and conductive glue
under surface mount bypass capacitors.