DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I have a bose wave clock raido. I am having problems. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/133344-i-have-bose-wave-clock-raido-i-am-having-problems.html)

b November 29th 05 01:36 AM

I have a bose wave clock raido. I am having problems.

I have a bose wave clock raido. I am having problems. While it was
plug in (I used a surge protector), I notice the radio lost all power
during the night. Initicially when I plug it back in I hear a "dud
sound from the speakers" this happens when I plug and unplug the
power.

So, I just left it unplug and repluged it a few days later and it
worked. However when I left it plug in over night it would not work
again the next morning. There is not power, no led desplay, no
radio, but dud sound from the speakers when I plug and unplug the
power cable.

Left it along for a while and it worked again, and would not work
after I left it unplug for a few hours.

I don't believe it is just a bad connection from the power cable.

What do you think is worng.

ben

JR North November 29th 05 01:56 AM

b wrote:

I have a bose wave clock raido. I am having problems.

'Nuff said...

JR

sweston November 29th 05 02:04 AM

I have a bose wave clock raido. I am having problems.

Make sure the backup battery is installed and is good. Should be a regular
9v battery. Usually a Wave radio will work without one, but if it hasn't
been used in a long time and the backup battery has been dead or missing for
a long time you might see what you're describing.

"b" wrote in message

What do you think is worng.

Mark D. Zacharias November 29th 05 12:40 PM

I have a bose wave clock raido. I am having problems.

The unit needs service. Possibly bad solder connections at a regulator. Not
a DIY repair.

Mark Z.

"sweston" wrote in message
Make sure the backup battery is installed and is good. Should be a regular
9v battery. Usually a Wave radio will work without one, but if it hasn't
been used in a long time and the backup battery has been dead or missing
for a long time you might see what you're describing.

"b" wrote in message

What do you think is worng.

Michael Kennedy December 2nd 05 08:05 AM

I have a bose wave clock raido. I am having problems.

Not a DIY repair.

Well that depends on who the Y is in DIY : )
I would attempt it "myself" but I might not succeed.
But my radio would not die without me trying ;-)