DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Panasonic 27"color TV is now black and white (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/133060-panasonic-27-color-tv-now-black-white.html)

ally in cali November 27th 05 06:19 AM

Panasonic 27"color TV is now black and white

I have a Panasonic 27" TV CT27G14A. Manufactured, purchased 1999 and
never had a problem until my last move.

TV now appears in black and white.

I called some local shops trying to get a quote on how much repairing
this would cost and got an assortment of quotes varying from $90 to
$130 to start (for evaluation), parts additional.

Anyone know what the problem might be and how much it might cost to
repair?

Any insight is appreciated, thankx in advance.

Ray L. Volts November 27th 05 01:06 PM

Panasonic 27"color TV is now black and white

"ally in cali" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Panasonic 27" TV CT27G14A. Manufactured, purchased 1999 and
never had a problem until my last move.

TV now appears in black and white.

I called some local shops trying to get a quote on how much repairing
this would cost and got an assortment of quotes varying from $90 to
$130 to start (for evaluation), parts additional.

Anyone know what the problem might be and how much it might cost to
repair?

Any insight is appreciated, thankx in advance.

Moving it around revealed (or caused) bad solder joint(s) in the color
processing circuits.

ally in cali November 27th 05 09:37 PM

Ray L. Volts wrote:
"ally in cali" wrote in message
ups.com...

Moving it around revealed (or caused) bad solder joint(s) in the color
processing circuits.

Do you know how much this would be to repair? would this be just labor
charges? or maybe a board has to be replaced? or is it not worth the
effort?

Thanks again for the input!

James Sweet November 28th 05 12:17 AM

ally in cali wrote:
Ray L. Volts wrote:

"ally in cali" wrote in message
roups.com...

Moving it around revealed (or caused) bad solder joint(s) in the color
processing circuits.

Do you know how much this would be to repair? would this be just labor
charges? or maybe a board has to be replaced? or is it not worth the
effort?

Thanks again for the input!

Should be just a labor charge, I would guess under $100. Certainly not a
board replacement, good techs rarely ever do that.

Tom MacIntyre November 28th 05 08:21 PM

Panasonic 27"color TV is now black and white

On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 00:17:26 GMT, James Sweet
wrote:

ally in cali wrote:
Ray L. Volts wrote:

"ally in cali" wrote in message
groups.com...

Moving it around revealed (or caused) bad solder joint(s) in the color
processing circuits.

Do you know how much this would be to repair? would this be just labor
charges? or maybe a board has to be replaced? or is it not worth the
effort?

Thanks again for the input!

Should be just a labor charge, I would guess under $100. Certainly not a
board replacement, good techs rarely ever do that.

Other than Zenith warranty stuff, the one memorable time I had to
resort to that was with a supposedly under warranty Thomson TX that
had been urinated in,,,ugh!

Tom