DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to sabotage commercial television transmitter? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/132851-re-how-sabotage-commercial-television-transmitter.html)

~Intruder~ November 25th 05 08:10 PM

How to sabotage commercial television transmitter?

Wolfgang Wildeblood wrote:

Broadcasters have their transmitters at unmanned locations miles remote
from where they are controlled. How does the signal get from the studio
to the transmitter? How can I hack into this signal en route and
replace it with an alternative signal of my choosing?

... *hypothetically*.

*hypothetically*

I dont think you need to tap into their signal en route. You just need
a transmitter of your own, (say on the back of a truck), and you
transmit your programme at the same frequencies (channels) the
commercial stations transmit at.

Where ever your signal is stronger than theirs, your programme will
override theirs.

--- ylferiF --- November 25th 05 11:59 PM

"Reginald P" wrote in message
~Intruder~ wrote:
Wolfgang Wildeblood wrote:

Broadcasters have their transmitters at unmanned locations miles remote
from where they are controlled. How does the signal get from the studio
to the transmitter? How can I hack into this signal en route and
replace it with an alternative signal of my choosing?

... *hypothetically*.

*hypothetically*

I dont think you need to tap into their signal en route. You just need
a transmitter of your own, (say on the back of a truck), and you
transmit your programme at the same frequencies (channels) the
commercial stations transmit at.

Where ever your signal is stronger than theirs, your programme will
override theirs.

wrong .

Not necessarily. It'd probably work if he had a 1MW Tx.

--user-- November 26th 05 04:17 AM

"Reginald P" wrote in message
~Intruder~ wrote:
Wolfgang Wildeblood wrote:

Broadcasters have their transmitters at unmanned locations miles remote
from where they are controlled. How does the signal get from the studio
to the transmitter? How can I hack into this signal en route and
replace it with an alternative signal of my choosing?

... *hypothetically*.

*hypothetically*

I dont think you need to tap into their signal en route. You just need
a transmitter of your own, (say on the back of a truck), and you
transmit your programme at the same frequencies (channels) the
commercial stations transmit at.

Where ever your signal is stronger than theirs, your programme will
override theirs.

wrong .

Your wrong, he's right.