Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
BobK

Default Amstrad VCR6000 Will Not Accept Tape

I have an Emerson VCR6000 (manufactured in 1996). I believe it is a
rebadged Amstrad VCR6000.

The VCR will not accept a cassette. When a tape is push in, the load
mechanism pulls it in for about .3 seconds and 1/2" before spitting it
back out. Internally, the load motor eject the mechanism to its limit
and then spins on the belt for a couple seconds before turning off.
The VCR then shuts down. If I manually rotate the motor and fully seat
the tape. The VCR operates normally. There is no indication of a
jammed load mechanism.

As I poke around inside, it appears there might be a problem with the
light sensors. There are two solutions on the EURAS database, but I
don't have access.

I'm competent with electonics repairs once I have a solution to follow.
Any suggestions?