DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hitachi MX-W01 memory problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/132056-hitachi-mx-w01-memory-problem.html)

[email protected] November 20th 05 10:50 AM

Hitachi MX-W01 memory problem

Hello,
I have a Hitachi MX-W01 Stereo Receiver but unfortunately the
user´s guide has disappeared. I can use the memory function
and store tuning information but after a few days only this
information is lost. What might cause this memory
loss after a few days? Is there a battery hidden somewhere
that has to be replaced?
Thanks in advance,
Sven Ingvar Jönsson, Linköping Sweden

Ray L. Volts November 20th 05 01:26 PM

Hitachi MX-W01 memory problem

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I have a Hitachi MX-W01 Stereo Receiver but unfortunately the
user´s guide has disappeared. I can use the memory function
and store tuning information but after a few days only this
information is lost. What might cause this memory
loss after a few days? Is there a battery hidden somewhere
that has to be replaced?
Thanks in advance,
Sven Ingvar Jönsson, Linköping Sweden

I'm not familiar with your specific model, but modern receivers use a
small-size, large-value backup capacitor rather than a battery. This could
be your only problem. They come in different mounting styles and different
values. If you can find yours, the value will be printed on the capacitor,
so you won't need service literature. And they're not very expensive.

Examples a

http://www.bacup-capacitors.cdlens.com/