DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sharp TV 25A-S100 relay click- nothing else (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/131878-sharp-tv-25a-s100-relay-click-nothing-else.html)

Glenn November 19th 05 09:49 AM

Sharp TV 25A-S100 relay click- nothing else

Hit power button, relay clicks on and no picture or sound. Hit power
button and can hear relay release. Relay will stay energized til
power off hit.
No HV to CRT.
What should I check for?
Thanks

[email protected] November 19th 05 12:47 PM

Sharp TV 25A-S100 relay click- nothing else

Glenn:

There is a known problem with those relays. Go look at the Sharp
service bulletin I have uploaded to this location:
http://personal.bellsouth.net/r/m/rm502/

Robert McPherson

Glenn November 19th 05 01:36 PM

Sharp TV 25A-S100 relay click- nothing else

After looking closer, the solder joint at the load point (switch
output) on the relay had been arcing. Resoldered and works fine now.
Thanks for the reply Robert.