Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tony Marsillo

Default RCA, ITC008FAM, 27R410T

This 27" TV came in with the HOT (TL035) shorted, fuse OK. Replaced with
230760 (S2055N) and replaced the Flyback (LL005) 262341. The TV now has good
picture and sound. I have three questions:

1) The vertical heatsink is at 67 deg C, and the HOT heatsink is at 52 deg
C. Is this typical of this chassis?

2) I noticed if the menu is displayed on the screen, and the channel is
tuned up or down there is a momentary horz tear in the menu box. Without the
menu displayed the picture is normal when tuned. Is this normal?

3) With the set plugged in but powered off, there is a noise coming from
what seems like the switching transformer (LP003). Sounds more like sizzling
as apposed to a buzz. Should the transformer be replaced?

Thanks

--
Tony Marsillo
Nutmeg Repair