DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RCA TV Chassis ctc177 (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/129492-rca-tv-chassis-ctc177.html)

[email protected] November 15th 05 03:44 PM

RCA TV Chassis ctc177

I have in shop for repair a RCA CTC177 I think I know what problem is ,
but want a second opinion. When turned on from cold has no sync & b&w
out of sync bars on screen. Leave on & approx 1 min color comes in &
rolling vertically another 1 min stops rolling & good picture untill
turned off for several hours. I think it's in the T chip but hate to
change it as it is a 64 pin IC. Any body have an opinion

Tom MacIntyre November 15th 05 09:00 PM

RCA TV Chassis ctc177

On 15 Nov 2005 07:44:06 -0800, wrote:

I have in shop for repair a RCA CTC177 I think I know what problem is ,
but want a second opinion. When turned on from cold has no sync & b&w
out of sync bars on screen. Leave on & approx 1 min color comes in &
rolling vertically another 1 min stops rolling & good picture untill
turned off for several hours. I think it's in the T chip but hate to
change it as it is a 64 pin IC. Any body have an opinion

Usually an IC problem shows with heat, not cold.

Tom