DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help Needed with 15" Viglen TFT Monitor (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/129447-help-needed-15-viglen-tft-monitor.html)

Ray Birch November 15th 05 09:42 AM

Help Needed with 15" Viglen TFT Monitor

Hi,

Can anybody tell me whats likely to be wrong with a Viglen Monitor that I
have?
When it is connected to the PC and in standby mode, it briefly
comes on for about 5 seconds when the Computer is switched on and then goes
off again.This must be a common problem with the LC552, as 3 of them
all went the same way within a week, (all unfortunately out of warranty
though ;o)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray B

Andy Cuffe November 15th 05 05:06 PM

Help Needed with 15" Viglen TFT Monitor

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:42:46 -0000, "Ray Birch"
wrote:

Hi,

Can anybody tell me whats likely to be wrong with a Viglen Monitor that I
have?
When it is connected to the PC and in standby mode, it briefly
comes on for about 5 seconds when the Computer is switched on and then goes
off again.This must be a common problem with the LC552, as 3 of them
all went the same way within a week, (all unfortunately out of warranty
though ;o)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray B

This is usually a sign of a bad lamp driver board. There's usually 2
or 4 tubes and if any one fails to light, the power supply shuts down
after a few seconds. Some monitors will stay on and you can see a
picture under bright light, but others shut the entire monitor off.
If there are any fuses on the lamp board start by checking them. They
sometimes blow for no reason.
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005