DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   JVC V711B VCR Power problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/129446-jvc-v711b-vcr-power-problem.html)

[email protected] November 15th 05 09:12 AM

JVC V711B VCR Power problem

I have a problem with a JVC V711B VCR (about 15 years old). I'm unable
to power the unit on. I've checked the fuses whch are all fine and I
have 240V reaching the power supply board (don't know the correct terms
for these things). There's no noise from the transformer and absolutly
nothing from the VCR itself. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Skype_man November 16th 05 12:20 AM

JVC V711B VCR Power problem

Isn't that model a Toshiba VCR? If so, try C808 330UF25Volt.
I'm not familiar with that model, & research tells me it's a Toshiba. If
it IS a JVC, check for bad electrolytic capacitors in the power supply.
Sky.

oups.com...

[email protected] November 18th 05 05:12 PM

JVC V711B VCR Power problem

Er...yep. Sorry I was confused - it is a Toshiba. I've changed C808
with no results. Any other ideas?