Default Toshiba CX3583A TV - Dead

I have a dead Toshiba TV, model CX3583A, chassis # TAC 9191. I have
been trying to locate a service manual for the last several months with
no success. When the set is plugged in, a relay on the power supply
repeatly clicks and the set will not turn on. Since I have not been
able to locate a service manual for this set, I have not attemped any
repairs yet. Has anyone run into this issue, or are aware of any
problems on these sets that can steer me in the right direction? Any
help or information on where I can pick up a service manual would be
greatly appreaciated. Thanks!

jir:
Initially, based on the symptoms you reported, look for shorted, open
or faulty components in the areas of the power supply and deflection
circuitry.
The service manual has no in depth troubleshooting or component testing
proceedures... these kinds of things are what a knowledgeable and
experienced tech is trained to do... with the necessary test equipment
and proper replacement parts. A service manual will do little good
unless you are able to perform some basic troubleshooting without it.

If you are not certain how to proceed with the initial and basic
troubleshooting and testing you should go to the website for this
newsgroup at:
http://www.repairfaq.org/
there, with some searching, you will find a wealth of troubleshooting
tips, repair proceedures, component testing methods, and important
safety information that will help you to stay away from dangerous and
lethal electrical shock hazards inside your television.... note that
even when the television is unplugged from the AC power that these
hazards may still be present... be very careful.
If after reading over the repairfaq, you are still not able to perform
the initial troubleshooting and testing you might be best advised to
TAKE your television to a service shop for, at the very least, a repair
cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts
instead of guesses.
electricitym
- - - -