aw56001

Default Bush VCR

Hello
I have a Bush VCR920NVP and it's causing some problems. Sometimes when
I press REW, FORWARD, PLAY or REJECT the machine refuses to do
anything. On another forum I have been told it is the idler tyre that
is at fault.
I opened the machine up and found the idler mechanism ( a collection
of white toothed wheels between the two black VCR cassette holder
pegs) which I cannot get into. On the reverse side of this mechanism
a black type of thick elastic band connects the idler. I have been
searching for idler tire/belts but a shop has just told me that this
is not the idler tire/belt. What is the correct name for this
tire/belt please? I do not want to open the machine up again as it is
playing OK at the moment and if does play up I turn the machine off at
the plug which resets the memory and I can then use it again. I would
obviously like to solve this problem if possible.
Thanks
aw56001

http://www.HardwarePlug.com - Gadgets, Computer Hardware and Electronics Forums

aw56001 wrote:
[...]

the information about idlers is well out of date, for anything made
after about 1992 does not have tyres. I would look at the mode switch
in your case. Has a cassette been forcibly removed? maybe some gears
are out of position.
you could also try changing the main drive belt, thats the black one
you saw. take out the original and take it to an electronics spares
shop. shoudlnt coast more than about a quid.
-B.

billyjones

Try http://fletchersite.com/ask.html

OT - During disaster, Bush fiddled jim rozen Metalworking 33 September 26th 05 05:15 PM
OT - Christians defend GWB Cliff Metalworking 223 March 2nd 05 05:12 AM
GW Bush dalecue Metalworking 3 September 6th 04 10:49 PM
OT-I ain't No senator's son... Gunner Metalworking 378 February 15th 04 04:30 AM