ooi_yw

Default Jumping Mechanism

Hi Guys,

I'm dealing with a project that requires me to make a robot to jump by
claps. I am able to deal with the clapping parts and the sound sensing
parts. HOwever,I do face with a difficult task, that is the jumping
part.

May anyone tell me how can i make a robot to jump up and land properly?
What is the tools use to handle the jumping mechanism? Springs?
Fast-rotating motor? May anyone give me some ideas?

I do really appreciate your guys' helps and advises. Hope to hear from
you guys there. THanks..

Have a nice day.

Jumpster Jiver

ooi_yw wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm dealing with a project that requires me to make a robot to jump by
claps. I am able to deal with the clapping parts and the sound sensing
parts. HOwever,I do face with a difficult task, that is the jumping
part.

May anyone tell me how can i make a robot to jump up and land properly?
What is the tools use to handle the jumping mechanism? Springs?
Fast-rotating motor? May anyone give me some ideas?

I do really appreciate your guys' helps and advises. Hope to hear from
you guys there. THanks..

Have a nice day.

You might try a robotics-themed newsgroup.
spudnuty

The BEAM sites might be a good place to start.
http://www.beam-online.com/General_Links.html
I do remember a jumping robot on the forum. One idea involved explosive
pistons!
Richard

Go to google.com and search for "jumping robot". I did and found several
hits on the subject.

b.