Jason D.

Default UPDATE: KV-XR29M50 with blown HOT

Worked on this 115V/240V TV bit more, pulled the HOT and plugged in
with meter on the B+. Comes up to proper 135V. Good! Tested fly with
fly HR tester. Good, errr I'm not sure if the fly is good.

And Global does not have the fly so have to fax it there and tell them
to locate the fly and import it if price is right, this is for
estimate process.

By the way, I have located the HOT transistor. You can get one from
JVC as well. (2SD2634-YD is JVC part number).

Anything else? Even I already checked caps and diodes in the
horizontal circuit that could blow the HOT.

Cheers, Wizard

The 29" Sony crts are known for hv arc over problems which can develop
and usually short the HOT but damage little else. Once the tube starts
doing it, it will continue doing it intermittently.

In fact I am watching one of those 29" Sony tv sets right now. Since
the digital comb filter gave up the ghost and the arc over problem, it
really was not repairable to specification as the comb filter nla and
the HOT would need replaced over time.

I modified the set to use a standard Sony glass pack comb filter
(inferior picture compared to the digital 3d comb), and lowered the HV
by reducing the flyback b+ by a small amount. So far it has run 3
years since the last crt arc and HOT failure.

I use it primarily for video games now and when I do want to watch tv
use the s-video input from a good S-vhs vcr.
David

Opps, didn't see that it was a JVC not Sony.

Skype_man

That's an unfarmilliar model from me.

Always important to resolder the horizontal drive
transformer...may be all that caused it. Having said
that, I did a "modification" for CRT acrover a while
ago. A 100 k ohm resistor, I think from the PWM
regulator to the aguadag ground on the CRT.

Hasn't come back,
& that was maybe two months ago.

CAX, CAD, CAM, CAE, electronics, EDA, LSI, PCB, FPGA, VHDL, & Other Design CDs ::::::: , updated 28/Mar/2005 futa Metalworking 1 April 1st 05 07:36 AM
CAX,CAD,CAM,CAE,electronics,EDA.LSI,PCB,FPGA,VHDL,&Other Design CDs ::::::: , updated 12/Jan/2005 ola Electronics Repair 0 January 14th 05 03:05 PM
Blown render - remove and paint wall directly? Tony Jackson UK diy 8 December 7th 04 12:22 PM
OT - WEBPAGE UPDATE T. Woodworking 4 November 18th 03 11:06 PM
JBL sub PSW-D110 hums, and the fuse is blown Sathees Electronics Repair 2 September 15th 03 09:24 PM