Skype_man

Default Please try to indulge me!!

Thanks a lot for the input! But your'e missing my point!

Here's my rant...bear with me!!

With the two 50" RCA DLP units I HAVE talked to
the MAIN Tech who has taught me RCA courses in
the past. Joe Esposito...he's the man! He says just order
a lamp. Great! But the Tech on the ASC support line
says order a Light Engine (an $ 1,800.00 item times
two)! My point is this. If RCA's KNOWLDGEABLE
Techs can't get it right...they know it better than anyone
else...how am I supposed to repair it? I'd rather give
up repairs totally, than guess with $ 1,800.00 parts!
We have become a tiny shop over the years, & can't
throw away about $ 2,000/unit, just on a guess. I really
don't understand the DLP, it's very complicated, how it
starts, software wise, & I have never seen one work so
I can hear how it sounds, with the cooling fans, light engine,
etc. They both give no led indication at plug in, press power
on, the two fans will turn on, & right off again three times
(just like the RCA 3-strikes your'e out), then one gives an
led code 10 then one, the other gives 6, then 3. But both
guys say different parts are gone, but with two different
codes, I would not think it's the same part gone...although
I think it is. I get +390 volts DC into the ballast, & 65 volts
AC at the lamp...I know there should be high voltage there!
There is none. I don't know what's gone at this point. Having
said all that, just imagine a customer...that could be me, or
you someday, having only one year warranty, needing a light
engine, & it's about $ 3,000.00, for a non-tech, or customer.
These units should not even be built. I WANT my customers
to be happy, & come back. I'm not in it for the money, I get
paid the same, if I work 40, or 60 hours. I stay back at work,
just to get the work done, I don't have to. If I "guessed" a
couple of times....& we all sometimes do, I'd be out of a job,
& so would my co-workers! Sky.

Jason D.

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 02:30:03 -0330, "Skype_man"
wrote:

Thanks a lot for the input! But your'e missing my point!

Here's my rant...bear with me!!

With the two 50" RCA DLP units I HAVE talked to
the MAIN Tech who has taught me RCA courses in
& so would my co-workers! Sky.

Sky,

Then this looks like lamp is not it, by how you have described and
status lights didn't light right way. Did the service manual say
about the light error codes? Did you described this to your guy who
trained you?

By the way, do you have chipper check II with latest updates and
latest adapters? This is where you can perform a deadset check to get
error codes with chipper check II.

I agree, warranty is left to be desired but this is how life is.
Samsung, JVC and others have 1 year warranty period for many TV
products.

Cheers, Wizard
Skype_man

Thanks for the input Jason.

I have a lamp ordered, I don't have a paper manual, I also
named the guy wrong. Got Toshiba, & Rca Techs messed
up. Anyway, I have the old chipper checker, don't have a
DOS scope, the paper manual I have is for a different RCA
DLP. I have no error code list, but will check the CD's I have
from RCA.