DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bose Acoustimass double cube disassembly question (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/126960-bose-acoustimass-double-cube-disassembly-question.html)

Mike October 28th 05 10:17 PM

Bose Acoustimass double cube disassembly question

Can anyone tell me how to disassemble a Bose Acoustimass double cube
(red line)? I've gotten as far as removing the face plate and
unscrewing the cone, but can't get the cone out of the speaker cube
because the coil behind it is too big. Is there a way to remove the
front plate the cone is screwed into? It looks like it may just be a
matter of a couple of tabs to press, but I've had no luck.

Sorry, I am a total novice, so be gentle with me. ;-) Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike