DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Please help identifying a SMD chip "1025 0F1" (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/126709-please-help-identifying-smd-chip-1025-0f1.html)

Thiemo Nordenholz October 26th 05 11:42 PM

Please help identifying a SMD chip "1025 0F1"

Hi,

On a hard disk mount, there is a chip which, I guess, acts as a switch to
turn on and off the power supply to the hard disk drive depending on a
keyswitch's position.

However, the chip seems to have been fried by plugging in a ribbon cable
with slightly disaligned contacts. As this has happened on four such boards
before the error was found and corrected, it would be nice to replace the
defective components.

I have had no success in identifying those ICs, though - searching for the
identification printed on the chip ("1025 0F1", as far as I can tell) did
not yield any relevant information. The board itself is designated
"MR0ATA100PB", but I did not see even one google hit on this.

Does anyone have an idea what this might be, and where I can get a
replacement in small quantities? This would fit into the hard disk mount
much better than replacing it with discrete components...

In case it helps, I have put photos of the chip and the surroundings onto a
web page at
http://projects.thiemo.net/ChristophChip

Thanks for any hints,
Thiemo
--
Query a PGP key server (e.g. http://www.pgp.net/) for my public key 41068629.
Strange sender address? Please see http://www.thiemo.net/misc/list-mail.shtml

[email protected] October 27th 05 12:37 AM

Please help identifying a SMD chip "1025 0F1"

It might be a "hot swap switch," made for shutting down drives in
overcurrent conditions or on demand. Do you know where the rest of the
pins go?

Franc Zabkar October 27th 05 08:23 AM

Please help identifying a SMD chip "1025 0F1"

On 26 Oct 2005 22:42:44 GMT, Thiemo Nordenholz
put finger to keyboard and
composed:

On a hard disk mount, there is a chip which, I guess, acts as a switch to
turn on and off the power supply to the hard disk drive depending on a
keyswitch's position.

In case it helps, I have put photos of the chip and the surroundings onto a
web page at
http://projects.thiemo.net/ChristophChip

Could it be a dual P channel MOSFET?
http://pdf.alldatasheet.com/datashee.../datasheet.pdf

-- Franc Zabkar

Thiemo Nordenholz October 28th 05 10:31 AM

Franc Zabkar writes:

http://projects.thiemo.net/ChristophChip

Could it be a dual P channel MOSFET?
[...] HAT1025R

This looks very sensible, judging from the pinout... Thank you very much!

Best wishes,
Thiemo