DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ATX 2702 CH 10C (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/126504-atx-2702-ch-10c.html)

Jonesy82 October 25th 05 11:25 PM

ATX 2702 CH 10C

Hi all,
working on this Apex AT2702 it have this green spot up in the left coner. it
look like it need degaussing or maybe setting too close to some type of
magnet, well i degassed it and it went out but when turn off and turn it
back on it reapears have anyone ever had this problem? thanks in
advance.

Asimov October 26th 05 03:01 AM

ATX 2702 CH 10C

"Jonesy82" bravely wrote to "All" (25 Oct 05 18:25:06)
--- on the heady topic of "ATX 2702 CH 10C"

Jo From: "Jonesy82"
Jo Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:346267

Jo Hi all,
Jo working on this Apex AT2702 it have this green spot up in the left
Jo coner. it look like it need degaussing or maybe setting too close to
Jo some type of magnet, well i degassed it and it went out but when turn
Jo off and turn it back on it reapears have anyone ever had this problem?
Jo thanks in advance.

It might be a problem with the vertical blanking. Perhaps a bad bypass
cap or zener bias diode in the vertical circuitry. It might be a piece
of dust in the green gun or maybe the mask. I think this type of
problem is called a "ghoul". Is it a fuzzy spot or does it have a sharp
outline or partly either on one side or the other?

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... Well I defragged my TV and went all the way back to basic cable!